In layman terms, a tension headache is any type of pain or discomfort that is accompanied by a tightness that is located at the base of the skull. This type of a headache is experienced around the scalp or forehead. Tension headaches are the most common type of headaches. Over the years many factors have been attributed to triggering tension headaches. They include:
- Straining your eyes or any vision-related problems
- Physical overexertion
- Any form of strains as a result of poor posture.
Tension headaches have also been known to cause people to suffer from migraines. People suffering from migraines exhibit the following symptoms:
- Sensitivity to light
- Painful throbbing on one side of the head.
Should a tension headache trigger a migraine, you can use migraine medication to treat it. Most tension headaches respond well to regular pain medication. Should a headache persist, the physical therapists at Enchantment Physical Therapy have been trained to take prompt medical intervention. They will ensure the effective treatment of your headache.
If you decide to use our center, your therapy program for tension headaches will:
- Need you to work with your physical therapist to come up with a therapy regimen that will eliminate the problems that are provoking your headaches. The therapist will also help you learn how to prevent and manage headaches through negligible changes in your lifestyle.
- Physical therapists in Gallup, NM will use specialized methods to improve movement and relieve pain. They will also stretch both back and neck muscles. This will help in releasing tension in muscles.
- Our therapists will also help you build up your body strength. The exercises they’ll take you through will be centered on back and neck muscles. This will improve your general body posture which in turn will reduce the frequency of your headaches. They will also give you a guide on how to do these exercises on your own.
Undertaking physical therapy at Enchantment Physical Therapy will ensure your successful treatment as you will have access to round the clock care. Give our center a visit and let our diverse team of experts give you more information on tension headaches.